As the world emerges from lockdown there are still many unanswered questions about how life and business will be affected.
One of the key issues is social distancing and how it affects you and your customers.
Many businesses have learnt to adapt, others are thinking of ways they can change.
A lot of people are sitting at home wondering if they can take more of their work online.
If any kind of lockdown appears again, at least you will have some insulation to all this chaos.
So how do you set up your business online?
We cover this kind of thing every week, helping businesses with their online systems and websites.
Here are some tips:
Whatever idea you have come up with, chances are someone has thought of it before.
But it doesn’t matter.
Many people want to keep their idea a secret, or think the idea on its own will make them rich.
What’s important is your implementation of it.
Do some good research and you will save a lot of time going forwards:
- Imagine you are a customer looking for your product or service. What would you search for?
- Who are your competitors? What do they do online? How do they compare to each other?
- What is the minimum your customers expect from you?
What’s your proposition?
You need to stand out from your competitors and give yourself a good identity.
You also need to make it clear what you are offering, and who it is for.
- Why are you better than your competitors? What are you doing better than them?
- How would you describe your brand identity?
- Have you clearly defined your product and pricing structure?
The most important thing is sales.
You need to make money, and to do that you need customers.
- How are you going to drive customers to your business?
- What are the best platforms to promote your product or service?
- What’s the buying process like?
- How are you going to keep your pipeline going?
It’s important to be clear about what you want to achieve.
Consider your budget, timescale and how much time you can put into the business on a daily basis.
Some things you can do yourself, for other things it’s better to work with a professional.
- Get multiple quotes for important services you may need.
- Work with someone who suits your way of working.
- Understand that you will need to put a lot more effort into it than you may have thought.
- Enjoy the experience.
That is a very simple guide on what you need to do.
The important thing is to really believe in your idea.
If it’s something you will enjoy doing then definitely go for it.
If you need help and support with your online processes and systems get in touch with us today.