If you’re a business owner thinking of taking the plunge into the world of ecommerce but you’re not quite sure how to go about it then take some time to read the Sage eBusiness Benchmark Report 2011.
It’s a fascinating read and outlines some really interesting points about how ecommerce is developing and the tactics companies are using online to get customers to their sites and convert to sales. Some of the interesting facts within it are:
- The online conversation rate is about 7%
- 76% of the high performing etailers entice customers through special offers
- Twitter use for business has gone through the roof
- Reducing the number of payment pages in your checkout helps improve conversion rates
- Many successful etailers only update their websites on a weekly basis
- Showing awards on the customer landing page helps build credibility
- Online fraud is a serious concern for etailers
- France, Spain and Germany are the most common export markets for UK etailers
The most successful e-tailers promise next day delivery, a very simple checkout process and maintain a dynamic, interactive relationship with their customers via social media channels in particular
If you’re looking at developing your own online store take a look at our page on eCommerce.